It's never too early (or too late) to start saving. Plan for the future you want with Hibernia's savings and retirement accounts.
Whether your focus is on the short term, the long haul or a little of both, consistent saving is the key to a sound financial plan. Keep your money safe and secure while earning consistently competitive rates on any one of Hibernia's savings or retirement accounts.
Check out your options below and then contact us or come by to start saving today.
Hibernia offers the lowest opening deposit and minimum balance requirements around. Let your savings grow while having easy access to funds when you need them.
- FREE online banking and mobile banking
- Consistently competitive interest rates
- Minimum opening deposit: $100
- Quarterly service charge: $5 quarterly if balance is below $100
- Check/Transaction fees: unlimited withdrawals; 6 third party transfers monthly, $15 for each over 6
- Earns interest: yes
- Fee-free access to 650+ ATMs in the Community Cash network
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Available for use with high-deductible health plans, a HSA provides an easy way to save for future health-related expenses to cover you, your beneficiary and dependents.
Certificate of Deposit (CD)
Whether balancing your overall investment portfolio or saving cash for short-term necessities, CDs are historically one of the safest to ways to save your hard-earned money. From 3 months to 5 years, our CDs offer a great way to lock in your savings for terms you're comfortable with. And along with your other Hibernia accounts, your funds are FDIC insured.
Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
Planning for your retirement years can seem like a daunting task. Make it easy on yourself with an Individual Retirement Account with Hibernia. Choose either a Traditional IRA or Roth IRA:
If you are under the age of 70 ½ and you or your spouse have earned income from employment, you can establish a tax-deferred Traditional IRA and contribute with pre-tax dollars.
- No annual fees
- Contribution allowance of up to $5,000 or 100% of your earned compensation per year, whichever is less
- Two investment options: IRA Statement Savings or IRA Certificate of Deposit
- Learn more about Traditional IRAs.
Invest today and receive tax-free earnings later. Establish a Roth IRA with after-tax dollars and the interest growth is tax-exempt. You may withdraw money at any time, tax and penalty free. Unlike a Traditional IRA, you’re not required to withdraw at any age.
- No mandated minimum distributions
- No age requirements for distributions
- Withdrawals of interest and/or principle after 5 years are tax-free, if you're over the age of 59 ½ or will use the funds for first time home expenses
- Contribution eligibility determined by income level
- Learn more about Roth IRAs.
Contact a Hibernia banker at (504) 522-3203 today to find out which savings and retirement account options are right for you.